If you are searching for water level indicator advantages, disadvantages, applications, uses, or benefits, this post should help! This post should help you understand all of the uses, benefits, advantages, and disadvantages of automatic water level indicators. Download Water Level Indicator Advantages and Disadvantages PDF
Popular search queries used to find this post include Uses of water level indicator, advantages of water alarm, advantages of water level indicator, applications of water level indicator, benefits of water alarm, disadvantages of water level indicator, disadvantages of water alarm, advantages and disadvantages of water level indicator.
Acting on a basic function of water flow regulation and system performance optimization, a water level indicator measures and manages the levels of water in multiple different systems such as swimming pools, cooling towers, and water pumps/tanks, etc. There are many advantages of water level controllers. First, let’s explore the problem with old water level control designs.
The Problem with Old Water Level Indication & Float Switch Technology
Appearing on the market in the early ’90s, the first electric water controller helped industry professionals track the water levels in boilers, irrigation lakes, cooling towers, wastewater, and water tanks reliably and accurately. However, these units were soon found to be imperfect based on their design. While they did become recognized as the advancement from traditional ‘toilet tank’ float designs, the engineers soon discovered that the long-term use of these water controllers was not likely. Though more accurate, the new controllers did not provide easy verify operations nor did the units lack the intuitive user interface to enable troubleshooting when problems began.
When a problem arose, there was no built-in function to help identify the source of the failure/malfunction. You couldn’t even identify the failing part accurately, so at a considerable expense, the entire unit had to be replaced.
One of the main reasons that the electric water controller showed poor durability would fall on the high 600 volts used in a wet environment. When the environment is wet, electrical parts will fall to failure quite often when using high voltage. Causing inaccurate readings, sensor probes will rust at a fast rate, while high mineral content in the water will likely plate to the probes enforcing failure.
Advantages Of Water Level Indicators & Float Switches
There are many advantages of water level controls, also known also water level indicators, including:
1. Power Saver
Living in an age where we need to be more conscious of the energy that we use, a water level controller is ideal at saving power. Normally, regulating water levels can consume electricity and wastewater. However, with automatic controllers, the electricity usage is limited as well as less water needed to regulate supply.
2. Money Saver
A water level controller helps save money by limiting the waste of water and electricity. These devices accurately regulate how much energy is used to protect against any unnecessary water/electricity usage. Over time, the money saved is quite substantial.
Another notable advantage with these devices is that they regulate on their own. Eliminating manual operations with a timer switch, the frustrations of manual monitoring water tanks are minimized. Water levels are maintained at the appropriate levels thanks to the automatic operations of these devices.
4. Water Maximization
On average, water pumps are used more during midday. A water level controller can maximize the water usage provided during midday while automatically lessening the water usage at night. This results in an appropriate level of water at all times being maintained, while providing you with the maximum use of your water at the appropriate times.
5. Reliable Electronic Design
Only available with WLC controllers
Addressing the durability problems found in earlier designs, the solid-state electronics in the newer models help to eliminate them. Not only do they help to eliminate the durability issues, but they also create considerable savings of the life span of the unit with an advanced modular design. In order to minimize problem areas of these designs, the only moving parts are the relays. These relays are easily replaced and tested by any skilled operator or electrician while being an inexpensive part.
6. New Control Minimize Fouling & Deterioration
Only available with WLC controllers
Proving to be less costly, over time, than the original float design for the ‘toilet tank’. The solid-state electronics are designed to minimize volt usage (less than 1 volt). This directly minimizes the mineral fouling, plating, rusting, and deterioration of probes, proving to be safer and more efficient. These factors extend the life span of the controllers significantly, which saves money and energy.
7. Easy Installation with LED Monitoring
Only available with WLC controllers
These new solid-state electronics and integrated electronics offer superior performance, hassle-free installation, and lower cost to operate over time when compared to the lifespan of the original design. For continuous monitoring, the integrated firmware and digital dry-contact circuitry easily and quickly connect to the automation systems of a building. Each function of the integrated electronics and relays use LED lights to offer operators the ability to visually scan them in order to verify proper operations.
Disadvantages of Water Level Indicators and Float Switches
- Water level controls need to be replaced every 3 years.
- The rust, foul and deteriorate
- Electronics are usually built separately
- More difficult installation
- Most float switches are outdated
- No LED indicator lights
- No Warranty or Guarantee
See below how we have solved all of these problems with our revolutionary line of Water Level Controllers called Checkpoint™.
Applications & Uses Of Water Level Indicator
The uses of a water level indicator include the following applications:
- Can be used in water tanks to control water levels
- Automatically turn ON/OFF pumps
- Can be used in factories, commercial complexes, apartments, home,
- Fuel tank level gauging
- Oil tank level control
- High & low-level alarms
- Pool water level control
- Life station switches
- Leachate level control
- Cooling tower water level control
- Sewage pump level control
- Remote monitoring liquid
- Water level control
- Pump controller
- Stream level monitoring
- Sump pump
- Tsunami warning and sea level monitoring
- Process batch control & monitoring
- Irrigation control
Benefits of Water Level Indicators & Water Alarms
There are many benefits of water level indicators and water alarms including:
- Easy installation
- Minimal maintenance
- Sends an alert to let you know water is too high or too low
- Low & High alarms
- Compact design
- Automatically adjusts water levels
- Save money by using less electricity and water
- Can help avoid seepage of roofs and walls due to tanks overflowing
- Automatic operation saves you manual labor time
- Consumes a small amount little energy, perfect for on-going operations
- Indicates water levels in any type of storage tank or body of liquid
- A water alarm is loud so you can easily hear it
Learn more about water level indicators.
How to Select Your Advanced Electronic Water Level Control System
Regardless of whether you are a service technician, building maintenance supervisor, or an electrician, there are some key features you need to be aware of while searching for your next electronic water controller:
- Tech Support- Search for a service provider that can answer complex questions with experience and competence in reference to the technical aspects of maintenance and installation of the water line controllers.
- Warranty- For all major components, look for a 5-year minimum.
- ‘Press to Test’ Function- To ensure the proper workings of all systems, look for a one push feature that will start a validation cycle.
- LED Indication- These light help quickly evaluate the current status of the functions
- Reliable and Accurate- Helps conserve water by compensating for wave action while managing the water levels with 1/8”
- Easy Install- The easy installation should take less than an hour with quick-connect design, also saves labor costs
- Designed to Last- Look for a 1% failure rate of design that is installed according to the manufacturer’s specifications, with a minimum average duty cycle of 15 years.
- Dry-contact Circuitry- Easily integrated with existing automation systems of buildings.
- Advanced Design of Module- Offers the ability to replace individual parts, as opposed to having to replace the entire unit.
- Solid State- Help ensure lifespan, and durability without mechanical floats or moving parts. This prevents rust and breaking while offering trouble-free maintenance.
In order to guarantee installation is hassle-free, superior performance, low-cost operation, longer lifespan of the unit, and user satisfaction. Be sure to follow the guidelines of features listed above when recommending, installing, or specifying an electronic water controller.
Replace Your Water Level Controls with Checkpoint™
Water level controls need to be replaced every 3 years. Our solution to that problem is our “revolutionary water level control” Checkpoint™ product that will never rust, foul or deteriorate due to water quality or harsh environments. Never replace water level controls again with the new all-electronic Checkpoint™ Water Level Controller.
Never Replace Water Level Controls Again with Checkpoint™
Our Checkpoint™ water level controls never rust, foul or deteriorate! Give us a call today or visit our product pages for more information about our water level controllers.